News & Events
Loan Servicing: Complying with New and Emerging Regulations, Employing Best Practices, and Defending Against Borrower Claims
Location: The Adolphus, Dallas, TX
Date: September 27, 2013
Click here to review more information about this event.
Together with Terry Franzen (Franzen & Salzano, P.C.), Richik Sarkar (McDonald Hopkins), and Bill Heller (Akerman Senterfitt), Katrina Christakis addresses the impact of the AG settlement and the CFPB on servicing standards, defending against claims relating to loan servicing, and class action and loan modification issues arising.
Led by expert in-house counsel, key governing agencies, top firms, and renowned judges from across the nation, this is the only event that will fully prepare you to manage and defend against lending, servicing, and foreclosure litigation, and keep you ahead of the curve in regards to increased enforcement efforts and the evolving regulatory paradigm at both the state and federal level.
The industry is bracing itself after the CFPB turned its complete attention to residential mortgages, and their enforcement of this regulatory overhaul is expected in 2014. The coming year is going to bring a wave of new litigation, comprehensive regulations, and enhanced enforcement efforts. In addition, the industry continues to be faced with scrutiny over implementation of the AG settlement, allegations of foreclosure documentation errors and “robo-signing,” and an extremely active class action litigation landscape including Fair Lending, Forced Place Insurance and HAMP claims. It is more critical than ever for in-house and outside counsel to remain up-to-date on new and emerging borrower and investor claims as well as increased state and federal regulatory and enforcement initiatives.
In direct response, American Conference Institute is pleased to announce its 12th National Forum on Residential Mortgage Litigation & Regulatory Enforcement. This year’s Dallas event has been revamped to provide attendees with up to the minute insights and strategies that are necessary to defend against these new claims and adapt to the evolving enforcement and regulatory landscape. our unparalleled faculty of federal and state government officials, judges, expert in-house counsel, and leading outside counsel will provide you with strategic advice, critical insights, and comprehensive updates for:
- The CFPB’s Regulatory and Enforcement Agenda: An In-Depth Look in Preparation for 2014
- How to Prepare and Respond to Examinations and Supervision in a Multi-Agency Environment
- Key State Nuances and Developments in Hotbed Jurisdictions such as California, Florida, New York, Illinois, Texas and Nevada
- Fair Lending: Managing and Defending Against Claims of Discriminatory Lending and Assessing the Status of ‘Disparate Impact’ in Lending Litigation and enforcement
- Forced Place Insurance and HAMP Litigation: The Recent Explosive Causes of Action in Residential Mortgage Class Actions
- Pivotal Residential Mortgage Issues Currently in Play and Coming Down the Pike from the U.S. Supreme Court