News & Events
Location: Waterview Conference Center, Arlington, VA
Date: October 18, 2016
Click here for more information on this event.
Katrina Christakis discusses federal and state laws that affect consumer communications and related recent regulatory actions.
The evolution of consumer financial services (CFS) laws and regulations can leave even the experienced consumer finance lawyer feeling overwhelmed. This annual in-person educational institute is designed to expose practitioners to key areas of CFS law, whether you are new to the world of consumer finance or simply need a refresher.
Get back to basics with seasoned and expert presenters who have decades of practical experience in consumer finance. A classroom approach is used to review the history and background of CFS law; cover the fundamental laws that apply; and hear from regulators, consumer advocates, and industry representatives on the current state of affairs and what is on the horizon.
Key topics covered include:
- History and development of federal and state consumer financial services laws
- Truth in lending and disclosure requirements
- Fair lending
- Financial privacy and credit reporting
- Data security, fraud prevention, and identity theft protection
- Consumer communications: FDCPA, TCPA, TSR, Can-Spam, and others
- Asset account regulation
- Installment credit
- Mortgage origination and servicing
- Litigation and enforcement actions